the Journal of Limnology is changing its editorial structure beginning from this issue. Gianluigi Giussani leaves his role of Editor-in-Chief, which he held for 12 years with generosity and expertise. During his management, the spread of the Journal of Limnology has expanded greatly, leading the journal to receive an impact factor since 2007 (average of 4 years: 1.285). This success has prompted us to improve the accessibility of the journal for authors and readers, starting a new website. The manuscript submission and the review process will be handled online, speeding up the publication of papers and maintaining the open access. The papers will be freely available via internet and the publication of manuscripts will continue without additional costs. To cope with the rising costs, the paper version will be available only by subscription. The journal's editorial policy has unchanged, while the Editorial Board has been renewed, including skills on the most representative fields of the to-day limnology. The Associate Editors will promote the submission of papers in the different branches of limnology and will look after papers related to their specific expertises. As the newly appointed Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Limnology I hope that limnologists will appreciate our effort to keep active and free a channel for dissemination of limnological research and will continue to consider our journal a good opportunity to spread their novel results.
- Abstract views: 1336
- PDF: 302
- HTML: 346
PAGEPress has chosen to apply the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0) to all manuscripts to be published.
An Open Access Publication is one that meets the following two conditions:
- the author(s) and copyright holder(s) grant(s) to all users a free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access to, and a license to copy, use, distribute, transmit and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works, in any digital medium for any responsible purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship, as well as the right to make small numbers of printed copies for their personal use.
- a complete version of the work and all supplemental materials, including a copy of the permission as stated above, in a suitable standard electronic format is deposited immediately upon initial publication in at least one online repository that is supported by an academic institution, scholarly society, government agency, or other well-established organization that seeks to enable open access, unrestricted distribution, interoperability, and long-term archiving.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.